“Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it” (Proverbs 22:6). Since Sovereign Learning Institute, Inc. is a tutoring school, parents are responsible for their child’s education. Therefore, parents must be involved in every aspect of learning including the following:
· Monitor and examine the curriculum used for learning
· Discuss what your child learned from the daily curriculum
· Check the daily assignments for quality and redirect if needed
· Establish a weekly forum for your child to publicly speak about his or her best weekly writing with you
· Communicate with Sovereign Learning Institute, Inc.
Parents, please promote, influence, and encourage others to take control of their children's education through SLI.
Sovereign Learning Institute, Inc. Responsibilities
The Sovereign Learning Institute will provide a milieu for success. We will uphold the founding principles of Christianity:
· The free gift of eternal life
· A personal relation with Jesus Christ
· The Great Commission
We will provide communication with parents to enhance the success of educating and raising your children. For instance, there is an excellent book called “The Entitlement Trap: How to Rescue Your Child with a New Family System of Choosing, Earning, and Ownership.” Children learn to be responsible and self-sufficient. Parents have the opportunity to
· “Teach children how to work for what they want
· Spur enthusiasm about responsibility in unmotivated children
· Cultivate values of discipline, integrity, and self-reliance in their families
· Foster smart, economically savvy children” 
SLI will provide students with music, art, and physical education, and along with 5 hours of core curriculum study (e.g., math, reading, writing). Students will participate in music performances, musicals, and choruses when possible. Every day starts with a devotional and prayer conducted by a teacher or student.
To assist parents with flexibility, SLI will offer early drop-off and late pick-up to accommodate parents’ schedules for a small additional fee.
1. Eyre, R. & Eyre L. (2011). The entitlement trap: How to rescue your child with a new family system of choosing, earning, and ownership. New York: Penguin Group Inc.
Schooling to Empower Parents
Sovereign Learning Institute, Inc.
For “we ought to obey God rather than men” (Acts 5:29)